MDLT strives to help everyone who lives, works, and plays in the California desert to embrace the significance of this magical landscape. Outreach & Public Engagement Activities Include: guided hikes, outdoor education, outreach at local fairs and festivals, lectures and workshops, signature programs & special events, and Reading the Landscape for artists creating consciously in the desert.
Check out our YouTube channel for informational videos!
- Citizen science is the collection and analysis of data relating to the natural world by members of the general public, typically as part of a collaborative project with professional scientists.
- Studies around the world have shown that desert ecosystems can act as important carbon sinks. With desert ecoregions comprising 27% of California, protecting this biome can contribute to securing carbon stores in the state.
- The Mojave Desert Land Trust launched its Desert Defenders campaign in response to a 2017 executive order instructing the Department of the Interior to review national monuments designated by the Antiquities Act. When our desert is under attack, we fight back.
- These after-school experiential learning labs focus on important environmental themes while providing a chance for students to safely explore and learn as citizen scientists. This immersive program helps students become inspired advocates for the desert they call home.
- In compliance with the Governor’s Shelter-in-place order, Mojave Desert Land Trust is closed to the public. We are dedicated to helping students and parents negate the impacts of the “Stay-at-Home Order” on student education. As such, we have created a list of resources and compiled ideas that students and...
- Artists have long played a role in telling the story of the Mojave -- but in telling one story, we must ensure we are not ending another.