The State of California has released its Fourth Climate Change Assessment (Fourth Assessment) which provides the scientific foundation for understanding climate-related vulnerability at the local scale and informing resilience actions. The Fourth Assessment includes a report on the Inland Deserts region that was authored by University of California, Riverside researchers, and affiliates. This symposium will:
- disseminate relevant summary information on the Fourth Assessment’s Inland Deserts Region Report;
- convene stakeholders that can use information in the report (policymakers, local government staff, environmental organizations, etc.);
- provide highlights and stories for local media;
- integrate community and local narratives into presentations; and
- host a space where expert authors are available for deeper conversations and climate stakeholders can network with peers
Our own Peter Satin – Director of Land Management – will be speaking as part of the Biodiversity and EcoSystems breakout session in Classroom B200 as part of a panel from 12:45 pm to 1:55 pm.
The event is free to attend, but please ensure that you register.
To see the full agenda and register to attend, please click here.